To install P8Mapper for P8DNS Business Onsite, the following steps need to be performed on at one of your AD Domain controllers.
What is P8Mapper?
P8Mapper is a small non-intrusive application which when installed on your Active Directory Domain Controller enables Protect to map your network users to their connected IP address.
Therefore when a user logs onto the network using their AD username and password, P8Mapper sends a notification to Protect confirming the user's logon and associated IP address. Any future DNS queries from the users IP address will then mapped to the user's username.
- Download P8Mapper using the link provided
- Once downloaded, double click on P8Mapper.exe to initiate the installation wizard.
- Complete the installation selecting all defaults per step.
- Once completed you should see the below window. Enter the IP address of your Protect service and click the 'Start' button.
- Start the P8mapper service by clicking on 'Start'
- The installation is now complete.