To deploy P8DNS on a Microsoft Hyper-V environment the following minimum requirements are needed.
- 4GB of RAM
- 2 vCPUs
- 40GB of disk space
To deploy the Hyper-V image please follow the following steps:
- Open up 'Hyper-V Manager', for example from the 'Server Manager' windows you can click on 'Tools'
- Select the Hyper-V Virtualisation server from the window pane on the left to deploy P8DNS On Site
- Select 'Import Virtual Machine' from the windows pane on the right
- Once the 'Import Virtual Machine' Wizard is displayed, select the folder where the image is stored. Make sure you have uncompressed the downloaded image. Then click 'Next'.
- Select 'P8DNS' as the virtual machine to import and click 'Next'.
- Select the type of import to perform. Ensure that 'Register the virtual machine in-place (use the existing unique ID)' is selected and then press 'Next'.
- Choose the folders for where your environment stores the Virtual Machine's files and then select 'Next'.
- Chose the folder for where you want to store the imported virtual hard disk and then select 'Next'.
- The final window of the Wizard will display a summary of your chosen settings. Select 'Finish' which will then start processing the import of the virtual machine.
- Once it has finished importing it will be listed in the 'Virtual Machines' section of the Hyper-V Manager and in State of 'Off'
- Select the P8DNS VM and click 'Settings'. From the Settings window for the VM ensure to select the relevant VSwitch the VM should use. In the example below we have a 'Virtual Switch' with the name of 'VSwitch'. Once the 'Network Adaptor' has been assigned the correct 'Virtual Switch', press 'OK'.
- Click 'Start' from the window pane on the right under 'P8DNS' VM and then click 'Connect'.
- The P8DNS VM will boot and once it has successfully booted you will be presented with the login screen