This article describes how to add custom websites to your filter.
Custom websites by default override your category filter and allow you to add specific sites or domains you want to ensure are either always allowed or always blocked.
Adding a custom website or domain:
- Login to the Protect Console using your existing credentials
- Once logged in select 'Policy' from the left menu
- Select the 'Custom' Tab
- Click the 'Add New'
- Enter the domain details. See notes at the end of the article.
- Set action to either a 'Allow' or 'Block' for the custom domain
- Set logging to either 'Yes' or 'No'. I.e if you want this specific website to show in your reports and logging view.
- Click 'Save' and you are done.
You can add specific hostnames or entire domains to your list. E.g
- www.example.com will match www.example.com for domain example.com. You would still however be able to get to help.example.com
- *.example.com will match any hostname for example.com. Meaning it would match any name prepending example.com such as www and help.